Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Time in Paris Via Philadelphia

I'm back! Sorry about the wait. Right now I am in the midst of a blogging Class be decor8 and it has me very busy.

But to the matter at hand! Last Monday Mom and I went into Philadelphia to go to the Flower show.The theme this year was Spring Time in Paris. Both Mom and I would love to go to France, but we knew this was about the closest we would get! What a great time we had. The displays were stunning and over the top. My favorite of course was the replica of the Eiffel Tower.I must have taken 15 pictures of it or more! Another favorite was the Versailles display. The curtains were made with flowers and the furniture was beautiful! One woman who was standing next to me said that she wished she could scoop the chair up and take it home! They also had a five part display on an interpretation of the old musical "An American in Paris". It was very neat and had an interesting perspective.Mom and I also got to go out for lunch to Maggianos, which is a very nice Italian restaurant about a block from the flower show. Both of our lunches were wonderful.I got an Chicken and Pesto sandwich, and Mom got Veal Piccata with Lemon Caper sauce.For dessert Mom and I went across the street to Reading Terminal to get our favorite Cannolis. In all it was a wonderful girls day out.

Au revoir!

To see all the pictures I took go to my Flickr page here.














No comments: